MRA High Power Team
The MRA generally enters two, and sometimes three teams in the Eastern Massachusetts High Power Rifle League. This is a series of 3 matches held each spring during the last two Saturdays in April and the first Saturday in May at The Woburn Sportsman's Association in Bedford, MA. MRA members who are interested in joining one of the teams should inquire in the office. There will also be a sign up sheet at the club on the bulletin board around the corner from the trophy case.
- Matches are held the last two Saturdays in April and the first Saturday in May each year. (April 22nd, 29th and May 6th).
- Teams consist of 6 persons per team. Each team is allowed 2 hrs 12 min to complete the course of fire.
- Matches consist of 22 rounds (2 "sighters" and 20 shots for record) fired slow fire at 200 yds offhand only (standing position)
- Any center fire rifle may be used. AR-15's M1, M1A's and .223, .308 and .3006 bolt action rifles are common.
- Iron sights only (scopes allowed for competitors 60 yrs old or older).
- Shooting coats and gloves are allowed but no slings